Thank goodness this is the triathlon off-season, because I'm not sure a sprint would be all that easy right now. In fact, I am starting to worry that Lim might successfully knock off M or me at the next 5k or sprint we actually do, lol.
Now, the GIRLS, on the other hand, are clicking along nicely. A great week or more of swimming for both of them, AND Lim started running with some of the older distance runners on EHS' track and cross country team. She thinks she is going to run the cross country 5k tomorrow with Matthew, and then out kick him at the end. Let's just say, Matthew is a little concerned she might be right.
Lim wants to swim M, W, and F mornings from 5:30-7a (with the SENIOR group, none the less) once school comes back. That way she can attend soccer practice and then track practice after school without getting wildly out of swimming shape.
Bim is actually considering doing some morning practices as well. I doubt that one will last past the first 5a wake up, but... it's a major accomplishment that she is even THINKING about it, lol.
Our calendar looks like we have 8 kids. Soccer games, flag football games, swim meets, track meets, triathlons, swim camp... and those are just the girls' events. Don't forget the practices too. Cross reference those with the weekends they are supposed to go to the biofather's and counseling once a week, plus standard issue orthodontist and doctor's appointments. Sprinkle with a couple of road races and triathlons that Matthew and I are signed up for, and the poor calendar is already begging for help. And we're not even IN next year yet, lol.
Next week we have swim practice twice a day, football practice Monday and Wednesday in between swimming, a one day soccer camp for Lim in Gainesville, hair cuts for everyone except me, friends coming for dinner one night, and some surprise the fam won't tell me about on Tuesday. And informal runs with the distance runners each morning before swim. And that's just M-Thursday.
It's hard to believe these are the same kids who were not allowed to participate in organized stuff before two years or so ago, huh.
So, in honor of the off-season, and out of respect for my dearly departed legs, I think I might take next week off of working out. I think Santa is bringing a TRX, and I plan to swim and core train a bit, and run a couple of 5k races, but otherwise, NOTHING. No "training" per se. Just a lot of driving and refilling of water bottles.
Really, Matthew and I are becoming sherpafied domestiques, lol. Meanwhile, we both need to work on our poker faces for the first time Lim thumps us head to head in a race, because it's coming. Bim and Matthew have a match race scheduled in the pool, too... he thinks he can hold her off in a 50 free if she gives him a 5 second head start. He would be the only one surveyed who thinks that, lol. Stay tuned...
...that's my why, what's yours?
No comments:
Post a Comment